"Success does not come from spontaneous combustion...you must set yourself on FIRE!"

About Me

My photo
I have always been athletic and enjoy working hard and doing physical things. In 1996 I "accidentally" started a landscaping company called Land Escapes Inc. in Lincoln, NE (www.LandEscapesOnline.com). Then in 2009 I joined Beachbody as a Coach along with my husband Pat.
-Star Diamond Coach

-Nebraska Coach Council

-Nebraska Coach Presenter's Team




Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some days are just like that...

The past 24 hours have been a little stressfull with "situations" coming up that I must deal with in respect to my mother (who I'm legal guardian for), my landscaping business, taxes and clients. Found myself unable to sleep for most of last night and spent lots of time tossing, turning and trying to figure out what I needed to get done first when my feet hit the floor this morning. About 3am I decided to pick up my trusty Blackberry and see what was happening in Facebook world, not expecting to see much. Came across a few posts from an acquaintance that seemed a little odd so I took a closer look and learned that he had recently been diagnosed with some form of Lymphoma and it was Stage 4, not good. Spent quite a bit of time thinking about it and what he and his family must be going through right now...his wife, his kids, and new baby. How someone about my same age can be diagnosed with something like that and how their world must be turned completely upside down!

Now I've had my life turned upside down many times over the years and I know I can handle whatever is thrown at me. I'm a survivor and I never let anything put out my fire...at least not for very long. Although I was very stressed last night at 3am I counted my blessings that at least for now, I am not in his shoes and knew I needed to just press forward as usual when my feet hit the floor this morning. Yep, some days are just like thats but there's always something or something else out there that is much worse than what we're going through. So I counted my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHECK OUT THESE GREAT VIDEOS........

P90X gets political...

Decide...

Shakeology-The Breakthrough

An invitation from our founder...

Click below to feed my fish...thanks!